The Alan B. Shepard Society
The Adler's Premier Philanthropy Circle
The Alan B. Shepard Society is the Adler Planetarium’s premier philanthropy circle. Established in 2002, the Shepard Society celebrates Commander Shepard’s achievements and his legacy of exploration. Members of The Alan B. Shepard Society make annual gifts of $1,000 and greater to support the Adler’s exhibitions, sky shows, and visitor programs; and help the Adler serve 500,000 visitors a year with inspiring science experiences. Shepard Society members also enable education, outreach, and research programs with an emphasis on serving young women and minorities.
About Alan B. Shepard
In 1961, Commander Alan B. Shepard successfully completed America’s first manned space flight. His achievement electrified people around the world and sparked a decade of unparalleled discovery in space. Today, Commander Shepard’s legacy of adventure inspires our pursuit of knowledge about the Universe and our place within it.
Leadership of the Alan B. Shepard Society
The Chairs of The Alan B. Shepard Society are civic leaders who endorse the education, research, and advocacy mission of the Adler Planetarium. They provide leadership to the Adler and serve as ambassadors for the museum in the community.
Sondra Hemeryck, Co-Chair
Peter Langas, Co-Chair
Levels of Membership
Jupiter – $1,000
Receive all benefits of Mars membership including behind-the-scenes museum tours, invitations to President’s Coffees, exclusive exhibition and show premieres, an invitation to our Annual Fund Donor Appreciation Breakfast, and:
- Invitations to exclusive Shepard Society events featuring leading scientists and explorers
- Recognition in the Annual Report to Donors and on the Adler Donor Wall
- Subscription to The Alan B. Shepard Society newsletter
- Complimentary admission and unlimited sky shows
Saturn – $2,500
Receive all benefits of Jupiter membership including behind-the-scenes museum tours, invitations to President’s Coffees, exclusive exhibition and show premieres, an invitation to our Annual Fund Donor Appreciation Breakfast, PLUS:
- One complimentary Family Gift Membership
- Complimentary invitations to all Shepard Society events
Neptune – $5,000
Receive all benefits of Saturn membership including behind-the-scenes museum tours, invitations to President’s Coffees, exclusive exhibition and show premieres, an invitation to our Annual Fund Donor Appreciation Breakfast, PLUS:
- Tailored half-day behind-the-scenes visit and lunch including private tour of the Atwood Sphere, Adler Collections or Doane Observatory for up to 8 guests*
- Scientist-led preview of new exhibitions and shows*
Nova – $10,000
All of the benefits of Neptune membership PLUS:
- Discount on event space or one-time use of Skyline Board Room (seats 20)
- Exclusive event with President and CEO, Dr. Michelle B. Larson
- Pre-show recognition in Night Sky Live! for three months
Polaris – $25,000
All of the benefits of Nova membership PLUS:
- Complimentary one-time evening use of a Museum gallery for a private event*
- Dinner and private tour with President and CEO Dr. Michelle B. Larson*
- Pre-show recognition in Night Sky Live! for one year
Matching gifts can double the impact of your gift to the Adler! Check with your human resources department to see if your company has a matching gifts program. For more information about matching gifts, please contact the Advancement Office at 312-322-0332 or email@example.com.
For more information about making a planned or deferred gift, or to learn about our planned giving recognition program The Max and Sophie Adler Society, please contact the Advancement Office at 312-322-0332 or firstname.lastname@example.org.