Adler After Dark: The Deep | Oct. 18
What is Adler After Dark?
Exclusively for adults 21+, this evening offers you open access, unlimited shows, and unique entertainment every third Thursday of the month from 6:00–10:00 pm (Summer hours, May-August: 6:30–10:30 pm.) With themes that change every month, Adler After Dark is never the same event twice. Reinvent your Adler experience every month with friends, family, or that special someone on a date they’ll never forget.
October 18: The Deep
The Void. The Big Empty. The Great Unknown. These terms could rightly be applied to both deep space and the deep ocean, but is one scarier than the other? Learn more and cast your vote this fall at Adler After Dark!
Get Ready to:
- Check out some of the ocean’s weirdest creature adaptations with our friends from the Shedd Aquarium
- Explore some nightmares from classic sci-fi novels and nab some giveaways from One Book, One Chicago and Chicago Public Library
- Travel to a truly alien environment in Expedition Reef, an immersive full-dome show that reveals the exquisite beauty of coral reefs
- Dive into the microscopic world to discover how tardigrades can survive in superheated water AND the vacuum of space
- Participate in a special panel talk where an astronomer and a fish biologist will try to identify the scariest deep sea creatures and how they can help inform our understanding of life on other worlds
- And more!
And don’t miss an update and special hands-on program from The Aquarius Project, a collaborative effort between Adler, Shedd, the Field Museum & NASA to find meteorites at the bottom of Lake Michigan!
Celebrate Halloween early this October with a trip to the most frightening locales in the universe. Costumes encouraged!*
*Please check out our Cosplay and Costuming Weapons Policy.
Plan your evening ahead of time with our event schedule!
$20 General Admission/$15 Adler members
At the Door (Based on Availability):
$25 General Admission/$20 Adler members
Doane Observatory tour tickets are not available for our October Adler After Dark.
Please be aware that event capacity is limited and likely to sell out. Purchase your tickets online before the day of the event as tickets may not be available at the door. Check back for up-to-date ticket availability details. For group (15 or more) or corporate booking, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please bring your photo ID on the day of the event.
Need some Adler After Dark costume inspiration? Check out some of our photo albums of past AAD attendees! If you’re planning on attending an Adler After Dark event in costume, please see our Cosplay & Costuming Weapons Policy.