Members’ Night | Oct. 26
Friday, October 26
FREE FOR MEMBERS!
In our infinite Universe, we are limited only by our imaginations. At the Adler Planetarium, we inspire our community with stories about the power of curiosity, ingenuity, and perseverance. Yet we know that giant leaps forward in our understanding of the Universe are never the work of just one person. They are made up of the countless small steps taken by everyone who has ever looked up and wondered what might be.
We invite YOU to deepen your exploration of Adler’s mission. Harness your curiosity and share discoveries with your fellow member community at Members’ Night!
GET READY TO:
- Meet James R. Hansen, the author of First Man: The Life of Neil A. Armstrong (Details to come!)
- Take a “Selfie from Space” and see yourself against the backdrop of a night-time map of the United States—with the photo captured by our Far Horizons’ team using high-altitude balloons
- Explore other worlds with our Collections team, including rarely-seen lunar and planetary globes from deep inside the Adler’s collections
- Choose what is projected on the planetarium dome! Have a favorite constellation, planet or Celestial object that you want to find? Join Adler’s Theaters team for an audience-driven exploration of the cosmos
- Flex your mental muscles with the Adler Escape Room, developed by the Adler’s teen game designers
- Learn more about how you can combat Chicago’s light pollution and help bring back the night by trying your hand at making a streetlight baffle that can redirect light
- Get out on the dance floor and have a blast!
- And more!
Guests are encouraged to arrive in costume for a sweet Halloween treat!
Paid parking for this event is available in the lot adjacent to the Adler.
This is a free event exclusive to Adler members!
Not a member? Become one today and join us at Members’ Night! Plus enjoy a variety of other benefits, including unlimited FREE general admission and theater tickets, invitations to exclusive member events (like Members’ Night!), discounts at the Adler Store and Galileo’s Café, and more!