Book Your Visit
2018 - 2019 Field Trips
Field trips for the 2018 – 2019 school year may be scheduled between September 4, 2018, and June 8, 2019. Reservations for field trips are required. Reservations must be made at least two weeks before your earliest preferred visit date.
Bus scholarships are available for qualifying schools. To learn more, visit our Logistics and FAQ webpage.
Before you begin the reservation process:
- Select 4 possible dates* for your field trip. Check school calendars for any potential conflicts, and contact your bus company to check transportation availability before making your reservation. *Mondays are reserved for Preschool, Kindergarten, and 1st Grade only.
- Select the show(s) you would like to see.
- Determine the total number of students, teachers, and adult chaperones in your group. If your final head count changes, please contact us before submitting payment (due TWO weeks prior to your visit). Changes to your reservation cannot be made less than TWO weeks prior to your visit. Members added to your group on the day of your visit will be charged full price admission and show fees. All same-day admissions and show tickets are based on availability.
How it Works
- Complete our online field trip reservation form.
- Once we receive your request, we will book your group reservation and send you an email verification within three business days. If we are unable to accommodate your request, we will contact you to discuss alternatives for your group.
- If you need to make changes to your reservation, or reschedule or cancel your visit, contact as soon as possible.
- Send us your final head count—which includes ALL students, teachers, and adult chaperones—and your payment no later than TWO WEEKS prior to your visit date.
- Once we receive your payment, we will email you a final confirmation agreement and receipt.
- You’re all set! Enjoy your field trip to the Adler Planetarium!
Pricing and Payment
Full payment is due TWO weeks before your visit. No deposit is required at the time of booking, unless you are visiting less than two weeks from the time of scheduling (in which case full payment is due at the time of scheduling).
If payment is not received within TWO weeks of your visit, your reservation will be canceled.
School Group Pricing: September – June
|General Admission||First Show||Each Additional Show|
|Illinois School Student||Free||$7.00||$3.00|
|Illinois School Chaperone (with ratio of 1:7 or lower)||Free||Free||Free|
|Out-of-State School Student||$6.50||$7.00||$3.00|
|Out-of-State School Adult||$10.50||$7.00||$3.00|
NOTE: Any increase in group numbers not made prior to your visit date will be charged full-price admission and show fees on the day of the visit.
Groups that arrive at the museum with fewer numbers than were paid for at the time of scheduling will not receive a refund.
We accept checks and credit card payments. We do not accept purchase orders.
Please send your check to:
Attention: Reservations Department
1300 S. Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60605
For credit card payment, call (312) 294-0364.